If you are like me, you might be an occasional user of Pinterest but haven’t taken the next step to use it professionally. The good news for the RE market is that there are many high quality images you can leverage to provide useful information to prospective clients via your own Pinterest boards.
A common mistake that is prevalent among many real estate agents is the natural instinct just to share real estate listings, which to most people is really boring. Have no fear — here are 25 ideas for real estate boards that you can create to bring your Pinterest strategy to the next level and drive tons of traffic back to your blog or website in the process.
Pinterest real estate board ideas:
Boards to attract buyers
- Home Decorating and Inspiration. Put together a board with a collection of rooms designed by famous designers.
- My Dream Home. Almost everyone on Pinterest has a “Dream Home” board, and your job is to find pictures that your followers will want to add to theirs. Think massive walk-in closets, stunning built-in pools, and homes with curb appeal to leave anyone drooling.
- Best Kid Room Ideas. A simple concept to find and an even easier one to gain you some repins.
- Outdoor Living. Photos of lush waterfalls, stellar decks, and anything that would make a potential buyer jealous.
- Style-themed boards. Make one with contemporary decor, another with traditional, and another with country living.
Boards to attract sellers
- Capitalizing on Small Spaces. Ideas for people to make the most of their space, like multipurpose furniture ideas, and tips and tricks to using color.
- DIY Weekend or Home Improvement Projects. Like adding a built-in bookshelf to the office or tips for repainting a bedroom.
- Organizing Inspiration. Pinterest fans love creative organization ideas, so why not make a board about it?
- Repurposing Ideas. Another popular theme on Pinterest: People love to make new things from old things and then brag about it.
- Tips for Staging. Pin images that show the ideal way to stage a home for sale.
- Community Boards. Most real estate agents have a territory they cover that includes at least a few cities or towns. Promote everything about the real estate communities you cover. Start first by having city or town pages on your website that have interesting and unique photos that people will want to pin. Create a board for each of the towns you provide real estate services for and highlight all the best landmarks including schools, parks, restaurants, lakes and others that would be interesting to visitors. Remember, you want to get the point across that you are the local real estate market expert!
Once you have all of your boards in working order, you can’t forget about marketing well. Part of the reason you want to have all these great boards is to drive some business your way. The Pinterest boards you create and the content you share on them should ultimately lead back to visitors on your website.
Read the full story and see the complete list of 25 suggested Pinterest real estate boards here: